The City Council of Gijón has promoted a contest for the installation and maintenance of a comprehensive solution to enable the Internet of Things in the city of Gijón, which includes smart control of lighting.
The Facilities and Services division of imesAPI has been awarded Batch II. The project consists of a total of 1,200 units of 5 different models of lights, chosen according to their lighting characteristics, so they perfectly adapt to the specific use.
These solutions make a technological growth of the city possible, increasing habitability, improving the quality of life and sustainability of the city, since unifying platforms such as the one offered, increases the benefits by sharing the infrastructure for future projects.
Open solutions protect investments and future expansion of the systems, increasing opportunities for the city and its inhabitants. In short, look for solutions to create a Smart City or help in its development.
Requirements sought in a Smart City:
- Bidirectional Communications
- Interconnection with different types of sensors
- Reduction of energy consumption
- Storage and use of information collected
- Flexibility, modularity, networking and use of open standards
- Prepare the city for “the Internet of Things”.
This system is ready to offer a vision of the future with projects such as:
- Control of public lighting
- Advanced measurements (water, gas …)
- Advanced consumption control
- Parking control
- Control of waste collection containers
The control of public lighting reduces energy consumption, providing significant savings, reducing costs and incorporating new services and functions on the lighting.
- Independence of the manufacturer of the lights
- Integration with PLC / wireless.
- On and off by dimming.
- Information storage and generation of reports
- Historical data and events.
- Consumption of energy, voltage …
- Global time synchronization
- Safe web access for monitoring and control of the system
- Geo-referenced map of the points of light
- Built-in astronomical calendar
- Grouping of light points